Pages

photography

Monday 26 October 2015

Autumn Haul


Finally it's Autumn, my favourite season, and I've recently purchased a few new items which I love, especially during this time of year...

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer - Vanilla
So, not necessarily an autumn essential, but I've been looking for a really good concealer, especially for under the eyes. I'd heard a lot about this one, and as my first Nars product, I'm really impressed.  It's definitely creamy, with a velvety smooth texture and great coverage, which is what I like, as I find with other concealers, they don't quite cover up the darkness under my eyes. However, with this concealer it's buildable to a higher coverage and a smooth finish, without it looking all cakey. I bought mine in 'Vanilla' which is perfect for my pale skin tone but I know they do an even lighter colour called 'Chantilly' and a further 9 shades for other skin types too. Even though its quite pricey at £22, I think it's worth it for the quality, and will last a while too.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - Black Cherry 477
As it's coming up to the colder time of year, the darker lips come in. I needed a new berry toned lipstick and found this one which is perfect. It's very similar to Charlotte Tilbury's 'Glastonberry' just a lot cheaper! Its super moisturising and it stays on pretty well, but I did need to reapply it a couple of times throughout the whole day. Although it does stay on well when eating and drinking. Personally I love the shade, it looks really dark, but on the lips it's much lighter and a gorgeous plummy shade. Will definitely be wearing it a lot throughout the next few months. I purchased it for £7.99 from Superdrug.

Tartan Scarf - Johnstons Lambswool Dress Stewart
My favourite thing to wear during this time of year is a tartan scarf. I think it's the best autumn essential and even though I have a couple already, I don't think you can have enough. I really like the cream colour with the hints of purple and berry in the tartan, it matches the Revlon lipstick perfectly! It's 100% wool and very cosy, not itchy at all, and, 'Johnstons' is an authentic brand, using the finest cashmere for all their knitwear. I ordered mine from ASOS at £25.

Abbott Lyon Watch - Dove White Covent White
It was recently my birthday and I received this beautiful watch from Abbott Lyon. I had been looking for one for some time and then I came across Abbott Lyon and loved their designs, especially this one from their 'Covent Series'. All their watches are designed and handcrafted in Britain which I really like, and this particular style is built from a gold plated stainless steel with a clean white face, which is elegant and minimalistic. I particularly love the simple white leather strap, it goes with every outfit and I wear it all the time!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);